Executive Team Assistant
We are looking to recruit a hardworking, team-minded, positive and thoughtful Executive Team Assistant to help our organisation during the busiest and most important period of its history.
IBAS is a free-of-charge service that independently considers consumer complaints about gambling businesses. The service that we offer is similar to that provided by an ombudsman; so similar that we are currently exploring transforming into the country’s first Gambling Ombudsman.
We have a small, but growing team and we need someone to help us keep different parts of our work on track.
The job would involve some administrative work, some project based work and some covering for colleagues during holidays or periods of illness. You would get to know how the different roles within the organisation work and in the process develop a strong understanding of both dispute resolution and gambling. What you’ll learn in the role should give you every prospect of career progression either inside or outside IBAS, in dispute resolution or the gambling industry.
Some parts of the job will be more challenging and engaging than others. The person we’re looking for will accept that and not resent the slower paced parts of their work or be intimidated by the more complex challenges. We want to find a willing ‘all-rounder’.
Salary: £30,000 starting salary + Pension + Life Insurance
Hours: 35 per week (flexible) with 25 days holiday + public holidays
Location: Primarily office based (London) with scope for home working
(Exclusively working from home at present)
Responsibilities will include (but may not be limited to):
• Diary management
• Settling business invoices
• Providing executive support to the Managing Director
• Email inbox management
• Reviewing website content
• Responding to clients’ data protection requests
• Arranging participation in exhibitions/conferences
• Organising IBAS events
• Assisting with the development of IBAS policy
• Developing newsletters or other corporate communications
• Providing holiday cover/illness support in other office-based roles
Key Qualities – we would like to find someone who is:
• Adaptable, comfortable with varying workloads
• A good communicator
• At times, both confident and cautious
• Able to work effectively, independently and as part of the team
• IT literate
• Experience of working either in complaints handling or in the gambling sector would be an advantage
• An interest in betting or gaming would be useful but isn’t essential
• Any office-based, team-focused experience would also be helpful
• Ability and attitude is just important to us as relevant experience
If you would like to be considered, please submit your application (CV and covering email) to email@example.com before end of Friday 16th April 2021.
We will try to respond to every application but if we have not contacted you by Friday 30th April please accept this as an indication that your application has not been successful.